Cookies and Privacy
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies don’t usually contain any personal information and are mostly useful to you. Generally they are used to improve your experience and inform marketers of your journey, so that in turn they can make improvements to the website. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
‘Essential’ cookies let you move around the website ensuring that the vital features, like keeping you logged in and updating your shopping basket, work. These cookies don’t gather any information that could be used for marketing purposes or remembering where you have been on the internet.
As the lowest level of cookies available, accepting ‘essential’ cookies is a condition of using Headway Devon. Without these cookies our website wouldn’t function and would become very difficult for you to use.
- When you use our website you may provide us with personal information about you, such as your name, address, fax and telephone numbers and email address (“personal information”). We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You are entitled to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address below. You are entitled to ask us to correct or update your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address below.
- You consent to us transferring your personal information to any third party if that third party acquires substantially all of our assets.
- You consent to us transferring your personal information to any countries outside the UK provided that similar levels of data protection as in the UK shall apply to your Personal Information.
- We (and our representatives) may use your personal information to deal with your queries and for the purposes of record keeping.
- You acknowledge that some parts of the service provided on the Website are provided by third-party service providers and not by us. You consent to us transferring your personal information to such third-party service providers for the purposes of dealing with your queries and for the purposes of record keeping.
- We may contact you from time to time to tell you about goods and services or other matters relating to Headway Devon and brain injury. If you do not want us to contact you in this way you can “opt out” by indicating this when you submit your personal information to us or by emailing us at any time at the address above.