Work for us
For over 17 years we have been providing a lifeline to people whose worlds have been turned upside down by brain injury. Our services support people across Devon and Torbay and reach over a hundred people each week.
Headway Devon has attained the GOLD standard with Investors in People, which means that we are committed to developing our staff team and ensuring that this is a positive and productive place to work.
Services Lead – Community
We are now looking for a Services Lead to oversee the development and day to day management of our community services.
– Salary of £21,606 per annum
– Develop an extremely rewarding career with a local charity
– Experience our friendly and inclusive culture
– Increase your expertise in brain damage and how it impacts people’s lives
– Generous holiday scheme
If you have a great leadership style, specifically, managing people dispersed across a wide area and a background in care and the voluntary sector, this is an amazing opportunity to drive the success of services that support people during a difficult time in their lives.
You will have the chance to impact and deliver incredible community services and ensure that the people we support remain at the heart of everything we do.
We are a passionate team who value respect, ambition, learning, positivity, honesty and compassion. We rebuild lives after acquired brain injury. If you think you could make a positive impact on our services, we want to hear from you.
As the Services Lead, you will support the Services Manager in the management and development of integrated and blended community outreach services in Devon.
Specifically, you will ensure excellence in customer service, clear outcomes for clients, development of the staff team and contractual compliance.
Visiting clients in their own homes, you will support needs and risk assessments, working in conjunction with families and other agencies to develop a care plan which results in satisfactory quality of life, respects dignity and promotes independence.
Additionally, your role will involve:
– Leading, developing and motivating staff
– Ensuring the provision of an effective and cost-effective operation
– Proactively leading change so that staff members understand strategic priorities, resource issues and service standards
– Putting SMART objectives in place for all staff and reviewing regularly
– Providing staff ratings and appraisals
– Agreeing and implementing staff development plans
– Identifying training needs
– Providing rotas for Community Support Workers
To join us as our Services Lead, you will need:
– Experience of managing people
– Experience of managing people spread across a wide geographic area
– Experience and/or knowledge of working in the voluntary sector
– Experience and/or knowledge of working with vulnerable people
– Experience of working with people with acquired brain injuries
– Experience of working in the care sector
– Experience of working as part of a team
– A care qualification or equivalent
– Access to internet/email and smart mobile phone
– A full, valid driving licence and access to your own car
The closing date for this role will be5pm on Friday 29th January 2021.
We welcome volunteers to work in our centres, with our fundraising department, and on our board of Trustees. For more information click here
For more information, or if you have any queries please contact: email@example.com