Work for us
For over 17 years we have been providing a lifeline to people whose worlds have been turned upside down by brain injury. Our services support people across Devon and Torbay and reach over a hundred people each week.
Headway Devon has attained the GOLD standard with Investors in People, which means that we are committed to developing our staff team and ensuring that this is a positive and productive place to work.
Community Support Workers (covering areas across Exeter and Mid Devon)
Want to embark on a highly rewarding career where you’ll support people during a difficult time in their lives? Are you full of great ideas for engaging activities and eager to learn and progress your own understanding?
If so, this is an incredible opportunity to learn, grow and provide a vital service as a Community Support Worker with an established charity.
Who am I working for?
Operating across Devon and Torbay, Headway Devon is a local charity dedicated to improving life after brain injury.
Brain injuries are a hidden disability that can affect personalities, relationships and the ability to lead an independent life. When a person’s life is turned upside down by brain injury, we ensure they get the help and support they need and deserve.
Now, we’re looking for a Community Support Worker to join our team, working on a full-time basis, and provide support to individuals throughout Exeter and Mid Devon.
What are the rewards?
– Salary of £9 – £9.44 per hour DOE & qualifications
– Excellent training provided
– Paid travel time
– Group company pension
– Develop an extremely rewarding career with a local charity
– Friendly and inclusive culture
– Increase your expertise in brain damage and how it impacts people’s lives
– The chance to play a key role in people’s recovery process and support their progress
– Generous holiday scheme
– PPE provided
For over 17 years, we’ve provided a lifeline to people whose worlds have been put on hold by brain injury. We want to continue our vital work for years to come, and to do that, we need brilliant people on our team.
As an Investors in People accredited organisation, we will provide you with all the training and support you need to increase your skill set and ensure that you succeed in your role.
You will have the chance to become a key member of a talented team who love what they do and get to make a real difference to people’s lives on a daily basis.
So, if you’re looking to enhance your abilities and do something amazing with your career, we’d love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
As a Community Support Worker, you will help individuals throughout Exeter, Tiverton or East Devon to achieve their goals, maximise their independent living skills and engage socially and with their local community.
This varied, exciting role will see you enabling individuals within the community and making a real difference to lives.
Specifically, you will:
– Carry out tasks in-line with individual’s care plans
– Motivate and monitor the progress of people using our services
– Ensure that individuals feel valued and respected at all times
– Help our clients to increase their confidence and develop key life skills
– Report concerns and relevant observations to the Community Support Services Manager
– Maintain accurate records
Sounds great! What do I need?
To join our team as a Community Support Worker, you’ll need:
– Experience of working as part of a team
– A sensitive approach to vulnerable people maintaining their dignity and self-respect at all times
– The ability to communicate well, openly and honestly
– The ability to motivate and enable people, self-motivate and use own initiative
– The ability to keep accurate and up to date records
– To be flexible and creative with a good sense of humour and limitless patience
Completion of a satisfactory DBS check will be required prior to commencing your role.
We’re eager to hear from individuals who have experience as, or would like to become a, Support Worker, Care Worker, Junior Support Worker, Community Support Assistant, Care Assistant, or Trainee Social Worker.
The closing date for applications is the 15th October 2021. Due to COVID-19, interviews will be carried out remotely.
Headway Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be
If you are interested please apply using the forms below and email Hannah Blatchford at email@example.com,uk. Please also email Hannah Blatchford or call 01392 211822 if you have any queries.
We welcome volunteers to work in our centres, with our fundraising department, and on our board of Trustees. For more information click here
For more information, or if you have any queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org